Highland and Islands Airports works within the local communities to support and develop local initiatives and business opportunities.
HIAL is committed to achieving operational excellence throughout the organisation, and through that, to bring to its customers, staff to local communities we serve.
Within each of our airports, we embrace and support various initiatives and the local community wherever we can. Many individuals and teams undertake and participate in various charity events for many varied and worthwhile causes.
Some recent examples include:
- Benbecula Airport were treated to the sounds of the Balivanich Primary School choir during December 2017 – pupils from P6/7 entertained passers-by with some festive favourites
- Members of the Accounts department at Head Office spent a day packing boxes for the Blythswood Christmas hamper initiative – pictured above
- Many of the Airports and Head Office took part in Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper Day during December 2017
- Head Office raised £300 for Childrens’ Hospices Across Scotland (CHAS) by holding a raffle during December 2017
- Inverness Airport and Head Office supported A Helping Hand in the Highlands by running a collection for their food bank over Christmas 2017
- Dundee Airport Fire Service took part in a Charity Swimarathon in February 2018 to help raise funds for The Brae Riding for the Disabled
- Sumburgh Airport held a LGBT awareness week in February 2018, including the café selling special rainbow cupcakes