Based at Head Office in Inverness, Infrastructure Services are a small team dedicated to providing design, support and management of the infrastructure to maximise the assets and resources for the Company. The department covers building and civil, mechanical and electrical, CAD support and contract administration.
The Department is responsible for the implementation and managing of capital and maintenance works at all of the 11 Airports within the HIAL Group. Types of work include:
- Car parking facilities
- Building construction and maintenance
- Runway and apron refurbishment and maintenance
- Airfield ground lighting maintenance and upgrades
- Planned preventative maintenance of all facilities
- Design and implementation of fire service training grounds
- Maintenance of grounds and environmental management
To achieve compliance with statutory and mandatory requirements, Infrastructure Services appoint various specialists, consultants and contractors to assist in delivering inspections, schedule requirements and carrying out identified works and projects.
Tenders and contracts are normally competitively tendered under the terms of Scottish Procurement.