Highland and Islands Airports works within the local communities to support and develop local initiatives and business opportunities, and is committed to achieving operational excellence to support our staff, customers and local communities.
Within each of our airports, we support various initiatives and the local community wherever we can. Many individuals and teams undertake and participate in various charity events for many varied and worthwhile causes.
Some examples from 2018:
- Dundee Airport Fire Service took part in a Charity Swimarathon in February 2018 to help raise funds for The Brae Riding for the Disabled
- Sumburgh Airport held a LGBT awareness week in February 2018, including the café selling special rainbow cupcakes
- Head Office raised £163 from a coffee morning in May 2018, with funds being donated to the Rape and Sexual Abuse Service Highland
- Some of the team at Stornoway Airport took part in an 84 mile cycle ride in September 2018, raising £1,670 for MacMillan Cancer Support and the Western Isles Cancer Care Initiative
- Inverness Airport hosted the second Run the Runway event in August 2018, with over 200 runners and walkers raising over £43,000 for Maggie’s
- Head Office raised £236 for MacMillan Cancer Support in October 2018 by taking part in the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning
- Benbecula Airport raised an absolutely staggering £3,565 for MacMillan Cancer Support with a World’s Biggest Coffee Morning in September 2018 (pictured above)
- Staff from Dundee Airport, Head Office and Wick John O’Groats Airport took part in the Sleep in the Park Dundee event in December 2018, raising over £5,000