With our 11 airports across Scotland we are ideally located to support existing operations and the ongoing development of Scotland’s Energy Sector. Whether it’s oil and gas or renewables, we are dedicated to getting you connected.
Oil and Gas Services
Out of all our airports, Sumburgh Airport is a key gateway to both established and developing oil and gas fields off Shetland’s coast.
What can Sumburgh Airport offer?
Excellent weather reliability – during 730 days of continuous operation only one day of full closure.
We’re dedicated to getting you connected.
We have multiple runways, including:
- main runway (1,500m x 45m) equipped with an Instrument Landing System which in poor visibility allows aircraft to continue their approach to a decision height of below 300ft;
- an additional cross runway (1,426m x 45m);
- a heli-strip (550m x 45m)
We provide helicopter specialist services and facilities including:
- dedicated helicopter arrivals hall, supporting suit removal and UK Border Agency / Customs clearance (if required);
- departure lounge supporting suit issue and safety briefings (5 dedicated self-contained briefing rooms);
- dedicated heli-transit lounge for fast turnaround and heli-refueling operations;
- separate dedicated helicopter apron accommodating up to 10 helicopters
- Long stay heli-lounges with seating for 140 passengers, featuring tv and quiet areas, dining space and free wifi.
We are fully equipped to support fixed wing and helicopter movements with extensive parking aprons and our Air Traffic Control is supported by a Radar Approach Service to enhance safety and minimise delays in reduced visibility situations.
We are open 7 days a week, with flexibility to accommodate extensions, special openings outwith regular hours and national and international chartered flights.
In addition to a year round Bergen service, we can support international connections via our ongoing direct flight between Inverness and Amsterdam or London Heathrow.
To discuss how we can help support your operations, please contact our Head of Business Development, Lynda Johnston on +44(0)7780 223087 or email@example.com