We keep the oil, gas and renewables industry connected: Sumburgh Airport is a major hub for the energy fields developed in the waters around Shetland.
What can Sumburgh Airport offer?
- Excellent weather reliability.
- We have multiple runways, including:
- main runway (1,500m x 45m) equipped with an Instrument Landing System which in poor visibility allows aircraft to continue their approach to a decision height of below 300ft;
- an additional cross runway (1,426m x 45m);
- a heli-strip (550m x 45m)
- We are fully equipped to support fixed wing and helicopter movements with extensive parking aprons.
- We are open 7 days a week, with flexibility to accommodate extensions, special openings outwith regular hours and national and international chartered flights.
We provide helicopter specialist services and facilities including:
- dedicated helicopter arrivals hall, supporting suit removal and UK Border Agency / Customs clearance (if required);
- departure lounge supporting suit issue and safety briefings (5 dedicated self-contained briefing rooms);
- dedicated heli-transit lounge for fast turnaround and heli-refueling operations;
- separate dedicated helicopter apron accommodating up to 10 helicopters
- Long stay heli-lounges with seating for 140 passengers, featuring tv and quiet areas, dining space and free wifi.