With our 11 Airports across Scotland we are ideally located to support existing operations and the ongoing development of Scotland’s Energy Sector. Whether it’s Oil and Gas or Renewables, we are dedicated to getting you connected.
Oil and Gas Services
Out of all our Airports, Sumburgh Airport is a key gateway to both established and developing oil and gas fields off Shetland’s coast.
What can Sumburgh Airport offer?
We’re dedicated to getting you connected.
We have multiple runways, including:
- Main runway (1,500m x 45m) equipped with an Instrument Landing System which in poor visibility allows aircraft to continue their approach to a decision height of below 300ft.
- An additional cross runway (1,426m x 45m)
- A heli-strip (550m x 45m)
We provide helicopter specialist services and facilities including:
- Helicopter arrivals hall, supporting suit removal and UK Border Agency / Customs clearance
- Departure lounge supporting suit issue and safety briefings
- Dedicated heli-transit lounge for fast turn-around heli-refuelling operations
- Separate dedicated helicopter apron accommodating up to 10 helicopters
We are fully equipped to support fixed wing and helicopter movements with extensive parking aprons and our Air Traffic Control is supported by a Radar Approach Service to enhance safety and minimise delays in reduced visibility situations.
We are open 7 days a week, with flexibility to accommodate extensions, special openings outwith regular hours and national and international chartered flights.
We can support international connections via our ongoing direct flight between Inverness andAmsterdam.
Where can I find out more about Sumburgh Airport?
Find out more about Sumburgh Airport here.
To discuss how we can help support your operations, please contact our Airport / Assistant Airport Manager at Sumburgh.
Where can I find out about how other HIAL Airports can support my oil and gas operations?
To find out more about how our other airports can support your oil and gas operations please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Renewable Energy Services
**This section is currently under construction**
Meantime, to find out more about our airport facilities and how we can support your Renewable Energy operations please contact us by email on email@example.com